Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Why We Qualify

I was at my Bible study yesterday, and one of the women in the group shared that she has wanted to become a Naturopathic Doctor for a long time. But she thinks, because she is overweight, she would not make a credible Naturopathic Doctor. She has disqualified herself from something that is very important to her, because of some self imposed standard that she has placed upon herself.
It made me think of all the times I have disqualified myself, because of my own self imposed standards.
It also made me think about the Apostles in the Bible, and how easy it would have been for society to disqualify them based on something other than God's truth.
Peter disowned Jesus three times (Matthew 26:69-75), and yet God called Peter to write two of the New Testament books.
Also, Paul killed Christians and persecuted the church (Acts 9:1&2), yet God called him to write the bulk of the New Testament books; 13 total.
It would have been easy for someone to tell Peter or Paul that they were not qualified to preach God's Word because they denied Christ and killed Christians.
However, God had and still does have a different plan. He does not see things the way man does.
What qualities a person to be considered worthy IS all about performance, BUT is has nothing to LPdo with our performance, AND everything to do with Jesus' performance on the Cross. Hebrews 10:14 says, "because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."
I don't want to continue to disqualify myself from life, and possibly miss out on God's blessings, because I judge my worthiness on mine or the world's standards. I want to join God in furthering His Kingdom.
What God says about me is the truth and that is what qualifies me to do things that would otherwise seem impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment