Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Sad News

I found out today that the biological father of my twins died.
I don't know how he died. I have my suspicions, but I don't know anything conclusive.
Mike was a chronic alcoholic and drug addict. He was involved in a bar fight in 1991 that left him partially paralyzed on the right side of his body.
I felt very sad when I read about his death, but I wasn't surprised. Mike and I were together on and off from 1996 until 2002.We actually met through a drug deal. We started living together in 1997. We had a very sick and violent relationship.
Mike was one of 9  siblings, who were all alcoholics and or drug addicts.
I prayed many times that God would free him from the bondage he was in. He lived such a tragic life. More than anything, I hope God spoke to Mike's heart before he died.




I have been thinking of all the times I could have died or killed somebody because of my own drug addiction. However, God in His infinite grace chose to save me.
God is the author of life, and only in His omnipotence and omniscience does He have the authority to take it.
For those who are written in God's book of life, the power of death was swallowed up on the Cross.

Scripture verse:
"When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true, Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, O death is your victory?  Where, O death is your sting?" (1Corinthians 15:54&55)



No comments:

Post a Comment