Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Bible Study

I was working on week two of the Bible Study I am taking at Scope Ministries. It is called, "The Weight of Grace." Here are a few points that stood out to me from the section I did today:

1. Write down 5 or 6 adjectives that describe who your father was to you as a person growing up.
2. Many times, those adjectives are indicative of how you subjectively feel about God as your heavenly Father.
3. What we think and how we feel about God have a direct bearing on whether or not we will seek or experience God's intervention in whatever stronghold we struggle with.
4. Many people can recite a list of God's attributes, but when asked how God feels and acts towards them, those attributes did not seem to come into play.
5. The reason our perceptions about God matter when it comes to overcoming strongholds, is that without an accurate view of God and his role in every aspect of our lives, we do not access the only lasting solution to our problems, which are all found in the context of a relationship with and reliance upon God.

Scripture Verse:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" ( John 15:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment