Friday, June 30, 2017

Friendship

Tonight I hung out with my friend Amy. Amy is one of my most favorite people.
Whenever we hang out, we just eat, watch a movie and laugh. In fact, every time we spend time together I laugh so hard that my face turns beet red and tears stream down my face! We also have deep meaningful conversations where we share our hurts and struggles.
It's such an easy comfortable relationship that in all the years we have been friends, we have never had an argument of any kind.

It's easy for me to forgot that I have a comfortable and accessible friendship in Jesus Christ. I still get into a pattern of thinking that I need to perform, in some way, in order to gain His approval. That is a lie. Jesus has already done all the work on the cross. Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Jesus just wants me to accept his unconditional love, acceptance, and yes, friendship.

Scripture verse:
"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you" (John 15:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment