Monday, June 5, 2017

Here is another excerpt from chapter 11 of my book

After the end of a disastrous relationship, I moved back to Oklahoma City in the spring of 2002. I had about 2 years of sobriety
In the summer of 2004, I applied to Nursing School. An associates degree in Nursing only takes 2 years. I thought, since I wasn't getting any younger, it would be a smart choice. I never gave much thought to whether I actually wanted to be a nurse. That choice would prove to be a monumental disaster.
I was an absolutely deplorable nurse. It was definitely not my calling, but I was unwilling to admit that. Towards the middle of my second semester, my nursing care instructor called me into her office. She told me that I either need to voluntarily withdraw, or they were going to dismiss me from the nursing program. I decided to withdraw. I felt like a complete and utter failure. I was consumed with feelings of inadequacy.
Around March of 2005, I relapsed. I was taking prescription diet pills during the day, and drinking and taking Ambien at night.
By this time, I was 35 years old, and I had been abusing my body for so long that I thought I may not live through this relapse.

Scripture verse:
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" ( Zephaniah 3:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment