Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The Right Time

This morning I was reading John 7:1-8.
Jesus' brothers told Jesus He ought to go to Judea so that His disciples could see His miracles.
Jesus replied, "The right time for me has not yet come; for you anytime is right" (verse 6).
Jesus knew there were many influential people who hated Him and wanted to kill Him. The more openly Jesus taught, the greater chance of Him being killed. Jesus knew that it was not yet time for Him to die.

I thought about how excruciating that must be for Jesus, not to just know He was going to die, but to also wait on His Father's timing, and subsequently plan every detail of His life accordingly. This brought to mind a couple of things; how much Jesus trusted His Father, and how intimately connected they were.

I thought about how this applied to my own life. There have been so many times when I have thought that a particular situation called for immediate action. A situation presented itself and instead of prayerfully considering the right time (God's time) I hastily and rashly chose to act.
I want to trust God more and deepen my intimacy with Him so that my actions are in line with the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Throughout the Gospels, Jesus demonstrates a life that is completely dependent on the Father's perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment