Thursday, May 18, 2017

Chapter 8

Here is an excerpt from chapter 8 of my book:

Around February of 1996, my satanic fears came back with a vengeance. I was so terrified that I couldn't stay in my apartment by myself. I would sleep at a friend's house or my former boss' home. I also started smoking pot again and taking Ambien every night. I quickly became addicted to Ambien.
My therapist introduced me to a woman named Shawn Bramble. She thought Shawn could be sort of a support system for me. Shawn came over to my apartment, and I told her about the drugs and how terrified I was. She invited me to come stay with her and her family. I readily accepted her invitation.
I loved that house. It was so beautiful. It was two stories with a full basement. The guest bedroom was in the basement. So I would have the whole basement to myself.
It should have been ideal, but I was still terrorized at night by thoughts of the occult and The Exorcist.
Shawn knew I wasn't a Christian. She was certain I was experiencing spiritual warfare. She asked me if I would like to meet a friend of hers who worked at the church her family went to. I said yes.
In March of 1996, Steph Butz came over to Shawn's house. She explained to me what it meant to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Steph pulled out a stuffed caterpillar that had a zipper on it. When she unzipped it, the caterpillar turned into a beautiful butterfly. Steph said that when we accept Jesus into our hearts we are transformed into new creatures. She referenced 1Corinthians 5:17.
She asked me if I wanted to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I said yes. I immediately felt a sense of peace wash over me and I began to joyfully tear up. However, that feeling would be short lived.
Because I did not understand my new identity, and had lived such an immoral life for so long, I continued living the same way as I had before I accepted Christ.

Scripture verse: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8:38&39.

No comments:

Post a Comment