Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Chapter 6

Here is an excerpt from chapter 6 of my book:

In November of 1990, I went back to Shephard Pratt hospital a second time. The doctor thought the focus of my stay should be on my obsessive compulsive disorder.
The floor they put me on was supposed to be a general psych unit, however the majority of the patients on the unit had multiple personality disorder. Even my roommate had MPD. Patients would go into alternate personalities and become very violent, yet I felt completely comfortable around these people.
I knew to stand out in this crowd and be the sickest, I was going to have to up the ante. I had to be much sicker than I was the last time I was there.
I was first introduced to self mutilation the first time I was at Shephard Pratt. One of my roomates was a 17 year old girl and she would cut on herself. So this time I decided to employ self harm.
I also began to "dissociate." I would sit staring in a trance like state until I would finally "come to," and be back in the present.
I had either been sick or playing sick for so long that I wasn't sure what part of my mental illness was actually real and what part was completely fabricated.

Scripture verse: "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" 1 Corinthians 15:57.

No comments:

Post a Comment