Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Chapter 4

Here is an excerpt from chapter 4 of my book:
Around June of 1989, I became increasingly desperate to get diet pills. My mom had been getting them for me, but by this time I had developed a tolerance to them and needed a lot more than she would be able to obtain for me.
I was terrified, because I couldn't control my eating and desperate to get diet pills. Fear and desperation can be a very dangerous combination.
So, I decided to call a pharmacy in Oklahoma City and pretend I was a nurse at one of my doctor's office. I called in a fraudulent prescription for 200 Ionamin's with 4 refills. The pharmacy asked for a prescription number, and since I had no idea what a prescription number was, I just grapped a random prescription bottle that I had lying around, and rattled off some numbers.
When they told me the prescription would be ready in a couple of hours, I thought I had hit the jackpot. I was so impressed with how crafty and resourceful I was.
When it was time, I drove to the pharmacy and went in. I told them my name and they said my prescription was ready. As soon as I picked up the bag that had the pills in it, I heard someone behind me say, "Excuse me ma'am, but you are under arrest." I can't remember what the police officer called the formal charge, but it had something to do with fraud.
The police officer put me in hand cuffs, lead me out of the pharmacy to his police car. I wanted to die! I was in utter shock. I couldn't believe this was happening!

Scripture verse: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" ( Galatians 4:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment