Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sermon

I heard a great sermon today entitled, "Through the Eyes of a Lion."

The pastor gave four ways to get through your "Saturdays" ( a reference to the day between Friday, when Christ was crucified and Sunday, when Jesus rose from the dead). He used the word "Saturday" as a metaphor for a potential dark time in ones life.

The four points he made:

1. Remember that heaven is nearer than it seems and we are connected to it.

2. Stick together- Lions always travel in a pride, as a means of strength and protection.

3. Run toward the roar (things that scare you). Run towards what you are inclined to run away from.

4. Cue the eagle. Call on the name of Jesus and he will give you strength. "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment