Friday, March 24, 2017

Chapter 2 and apologetics group

I started on the second chapter of my book on Monday.
Here is a small excerpt:

"I knew from around the time I was seven years old that I was not planned. After my parents had Allison, (their second child) they did not want more children, but my mother forgot to take her birth control pills twice and "oops" she got pregnant with me.
It wasn't so much that I knew I wasn't planned, that affected me, it was more what I was told. I wasn't called a surprise or am accident. I was called mistake.
I surprise is something that's not planned, but if you had the chance you would do it all over again. A mistake is something not planned and if you had the chance you would not repeat it. A mistake is something that you regret and consequently makes your life more difficult. That is the message that got repeated to me over and over, and needless to say, I began to internalize it."

On a different note, we are having our second apologetics group tomorrow. I am so excited watching God bring this to fruition!

No comments:

Post a Comment