Friday, February 16, 2018

Juliette

A young lady and I followed each other on Twitter. I thought she was really cute and funny, and we both share a mutual fondness for pop culture.

I almost unfollowed her. She was posting some really inappropriate things about her sexuality. But something kept me from unfollowing her.

The last couple of days, that reason has come to light.

First of all, she posted that she is ugly, when in reality she is beautiful. Second, she posted a picture of herself when she was about 4 years old, and the caption said, "I was already a whore."

Then today, she posted about being terrified of the Exorcist. She stills hears the theme music and the voice of the possessed girl in her head and she is scared all the time.

I realized why I wasn't suppose to unfollow her. For 20 plus years I was terrorized by that movie. I couldn't even look at the name or say it out loud without a wave of unspeakable fear consuming me. And I was constantly terrified that I was going to see the girl standing in front of me.

We had a long private Twitter conversation. I asked her if she had ever been sexually abused. She said, "I really don't like to talk about it. But, if I am being honest, I come from a very wealthy family so I have no reason to complain. But one unlucky day, I was sexually abused, and everything has been f***ed up since then. I am really sick and I feel like a failure all the time."

I encouraged her to talk to a pastor, so she could get wise godly counsel. I even asked her where she lived so I could call some churches in her area and find out which would be the best one for her to call. But she lives in France.

She said she has a shrink (her words) and I told her to please tell her everything that is going on, and to find a a clergy member to talk about her fears with. I told her I take medication and go to counseling every week, but Jesus is the only One who can heal our brokenness.

The best thing I can do is pray for her and keep checking in with her on a daily basis; to offer her hope and encouragement.

Please join me and pray for her. Her name is Juliette and she is 18 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment